Why you need a website for your business
If you're reading this article, chances are you may want to have a website designed for you. It's one of the key assets that can improve your business'
I am pretty sure that there are two main reasons why you aren't 100% sure about this, though.
First, you may think that having a custom website designed for you will cost $10,000 or so. That's a lot of money for somebody who is just starting an
online-based business! At Photopile, web design services start at only $500, so you can confidently order from us - we've never charged $10,000 per
website, even when we've worked with big corporations. I promise that we won't get rich, and you won't get poor as a result of this investment in your
Then, you may not know for sure if a website can help your business. Sure, most entrepreneurs have a site, and they gladly print its URL on their business
cards, but do you really need one, especially if you aren't selling anything online, at least for now? Here are several reasons why having a website for your
small business is mandatory.
1. Your website is your business card online. I know that you may not sell stuff online yet, but people are searching for your products anyway. If they
discover your site and they live near your store, they may visit it and purchase from you.
2. Any company that has a website has a higher perceived business value. Everyone will appreciate your business if it is backed by a cleverly designed,
great looking, fast loading website. Your potential partners will be impressed. Your potential clients will be impressed as well.
3. Unlike your store, your website will be up and running 24 hours per day. This means that your customers can purchase your merchandise and/or ask
questions about your products at any time, even if you aren't available. Then, when you open the store, you can check product sales and reply to your
4. A website can help you get more customers. Sure, you can't expect your website to attract lots of customers without promoting it, but some of these
promo methods are free, and won't take a lot of your time. It is easy to get in touch with potential customers using the top social media channels, for
5. If you host your website on a regular account, you can have a "firstname.lastname@example.org" email address. Actually, most hosting providers will allow
you to have an unlimited number of personalized email accounts. It's much better to have an email address that looks like this, rather than use your
personal email@example.com address for business related purposes.
6. Without a website, you can't create and publish content. But why would you want to do that? The answer is: "it's not a choice, you have to do it!". Your
website must include a blog, and you must write and post articles at least once or twice per month. This way, your potential customers will understand
that you are an industry expert, and they will be more likely to buy from you.
7. The same blog can keep your customers up to date with what you've been doing lately. No, I'm not talking about visiting grandma Anne, but about new
product releases, in-depth how-to guides, industry news, upcoming events, and so on.
8. Finally, a website helps you reach a much wider audience. Your small business may sell products in a small town, but the Internet has made it possible for
pretty much anyone to have access to customers that live everywhere in the world. In the end, your website may be the main tool that helps your
business grow internationally.